Buying a house can be the single most significant investment of your life. It is, therefore, essential that you seek quality legal advice to provide you with certainty about your investment.
Morrison Kent has an expert team of real estate property lawyers that can help you understand the process, options and risks involved in residential conveyancing.
So, what is conveyancing?
Conveyancing is the term used for the legal transfer of a property from one owner to another. Conveyancing covers the entire legal and administrative process of purchasing your new home.
The role of your lawyer is to deal with all of the moving parts throughout the transaction. Your lawyer will carry out negotiations and enforce promises or undertakings given by parties to the conveyancing transaction.
Buying a property involves a web of relationships and communication between various parties. Banks, insurers, KiwiSaver providers, real estate agents, body corporates, mortgage brokers and councils all have a role and responsibility to play in seeing the transaction through.
Conveyancing involves many steps, and it is essential that you get advice early to avoid unnecessary risk. No matter what stage you’re at, you can get in touch with us to discuss making your next move.
You can talk to our real estate lawyers about:
• Ownership options, because you want to identify a strategy that is the best fit for your age, stage and lifestyle.
• Title, building compliance, finance and insurance – all these matters need to be addressed before you commit.
• The representations you may make under a standard contract and what risks are involved for you.
• All conveyancing services, to ensure your transaction goes ahead smoothly.
For More Information:
In the property law arena, our clients know us as problem solvers who strive to add value at each stage of every transaction. We have one of the most experienced teams of property lawyers in New Zealand.
For advice or to book an initial consultation with one of our specialist property lawyers, get in touch with your local Morrison Kent office today on 04 472 0020 or 07 384 2030.
Read more articles:
- Purchasing your first home – when should I see a lawyer?
- Purchasing Property – Doing your ‘due diligence’
- Builders Reports – Sellers or purchasers?