Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Rural Property Development
Property development can be small or large scale, or anything in between. Development can also mean a lot of different things - land based (subdivisions), construction based (a retail complex), and change of use (converting an office building to apartments) and many more. Development work that we undertake includes:
- Freehold land subdivision (such as ‘carving’ off a rear section from a larger residential lot)
- Complex freehold subdivision (for example large scale land subdivision comprising differently zoned parcels of land).
- Unit and strata subdivision (such as the division of the ownership of an office building, apartment building or commercial unit complex into separate titles).
- Design-build projects (for example the construction of an industrial warehouse for a specialised tenant).
- Forestry projects
- Leasehold separation and isolation (for example the separation of freehold and leasehold interests to create diverse ownership structures).
- Family and lifestyle blocks
- Complex farm parks with common areas (such as large family area) administered by corporate body of owners and foundation (such as common effluent disposal systems).
These are just a few examples of some of the forms of property development work that we regularly undertake. We provide practical and focussed advice on all kinds of property development and have a great wealth of experience right through all different types and scales of property development. We also provide advice on the wider range of clients' needs in relation to this area including resource management issues, construction contracts, taxation and structuring and management contracts.