Phone : 04 495 8909
Fax : 04 472 7017
Email : email@example.com
LLB (Hons), LLM, Victoria University
Admitted to the Bar 1996
Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
Matthew has spent the last 14 years working in the areas of commercial property and tax and has experience in managing and overseeing large commercial property projects such as the construction, leasing and divestment of MegaCentre, Porirua. In that time, Matthew has also provided advice on large unit title and fee simple subdivisions. Matthew's recent relevant experience includes drafting the sale and international marketing documentation for the Hinamoki Estate development, including meeting the Securities Act requirements with respect to shared facilities. He has also restructured a large development site utilising a concurrent ground lease.
Areas of Specialisation
- All aspects of commercial property, including leasing, acquisition, development and divestment.
- Property related taxation issues.
- Joint venture arrangements.
- The acquisition, development, leasing and divestment of the MegaCentre bulk retail development in Porirua.
- The acquisition, development, leasing and divestment of the Balmoral Retail Centre in Napier.
- Advising the landlord with respect to the design, construction and leasing of Vodafone's Wellington switch.
- Advising the manager and participant of a substantial private equity joint venture in relation to establishment documentation for the joint venture and the management entity.
- Advising the owner of a farm property in Northland with respect to the subdivision and sell-down of lifestyle blocks within a significant land holding, including advising on structuring joint venture arrangements, Securities Act requirements, and preparation of sales documentation, and documentation for the establishment of a residents' society.
- Advising Publishing and Broadcasting Limited on the sale of its Australian and New Zealand interests in its Hoyts Cinemas operation.
- Advising AMP Capital in relation to structuring and establishing joint ventures to carry out lifestyle subdivision developments in Napier.